Mission, Vision, & Values
MissionWe provide high-quality education and training that support student goals, a skilled workforce, and the economic vitality of our communities.
VisionA model of innovation and distinction in technical education, recognized as an outstanding gateway to rewarding careers.
ValuesStatements of core values are designed to characterize the desired teaching/learning environment and to guide the development of institutional policies and practices. Accordingly, all members of the Fox Valley Technical College community affirm the following College values:
Integrity — We value responsible, accountable, ethical behavior in an atmosphere of honest, open communication with mutual respect and caring for each other.
Collaborative Partnerships — We value partnerships with business, industry, labor, government, educational systems, and our communities.
Innovation — We value creativity, responsible risk-taking, and enthusiastic pursuit of new ideas.
Continuous Improvement — We value continuous improvement of our programs, services and processes through employee empowerment and professional development in a team-based culture.
Customer Focus — We value commitment to student/staff/employer success and satisfaction by responding to customer needs.
Diversity — We value an educational environment that attracts, nurtures, and supports a diverse student and staff community.
Sustainability — We value the
responsible use of resources to achieve balance among social, economic, and environmental practices.
PurposesFox Valley Technical College, consistent with statutorily mandated purposes, holds to the following purposes:
(a) Associate Degree, Diploma, and (b) certificate-level educational
programs which provide the skills and knowledge necessary to address
occupational competencies from initial job-entry to advanced
- Provide training and education to upgrade the occupational skills of individuals and the business and industry work force.
- Offer related academic and technical support courses for joint labor/management apprenticeship programs.
and deliver customized training, consulting services, and technical
assistance in partnership with public and private sector employers to
further economic development.
- Provide community services and avocational or self-enrichment activities.
- Collaborate with secondary schools, colleges and universities to enable students' smooth passage between educational systems.
- Provide (a) basic skills programming and (b) counseling services necessary to enhance the success of students.
educational programming and supportive services for special populations
to address barriers prohibiting participation in education and